Top six natural flea remedies for dogs
It is fine if to apply commercial medicated flea and tick preventives on your dog but there is no harm in opting for natural even home tick and flea remedies for dogs. Some of them include;
• Essential oils – Some essential oils such as neem (Azadirachta indica) oil, tea tree oil; lemongrass, citronella, lime, sage, peppermint, cedar, rose, bergamot are qualified to very effective in terms of removing fleas from your dog. These special oils can be put in your dog’s bedding, water meant for his/her bathing and also in the household cleaning water.
• Apple cider vinegar – Another good option in terms of flea remedies for dog is apple cider vinegar. This vinegar can be given to your dog mixed with water and or it can mixed with his/her food.
• Shampoos your dog – Look for shampoos that contain natural anti-flea ingredients such as neem or lemongrass. You should take care that you bathe your dog out especially on a sunny day where the fleas tend to weaken under the sun.
• Diatomaceous earth -You can dust your yard or your garden with diatomaceous earth but take care that the product must be food grade it is able to kill all of the adult fleas. You can also introduce nematodes but the beneficial ones in your garden which will help in killing the flea larvae.
• Herbal flea collars – You can opt for herbal flea collars. There is always the threat of toxicity to your pets and even for you and your children.
• Healthy and nutritious meal – A very health as well as nutritious diet is also very essential for your dog since some of the elements found in your dog’s diet can actually drive fleas away. These can include; garlic, red clover, burdock root, St. John’s Wort, dandelion, nettle, etc.
Well, these were some of the effective flea and tick medications which you can apply to your beloved dog. But try as you might, it is not possible to ignore flea meal medications altogether especially if the infestation is a heavy one. You can find the market strewn with all types of flea medication. Amongst them, the best can be considered to be Frontline Plus for Dog.
Frontline Plus for Dog: Effective dog flea medication
The Frontline Plus for dog is not only an efficient and fast reacting medication against fleas but is also very convenient to use. It helps in to stop infestations and at the same time kill all of the adult fleas, eggs and their larvae thus, you can say that it is very effective against all stages of the fleas and even the ticks. It contains fipronil which is a broad spectrum insecticide. Fipronil interrupts the central nervous system of the the parasites while an insect growth regulator S-methoprene interrupts the the life cycle of the parasites.
This special flea and tick regulator can be proved to be very beneficial for dogs that love to swim since it can remain waterproof for more than 30 days or so. It is so gentle that it is recommended for puppies that are less than 8 weeks old and even for matured and pregnant dogs.