“Countering Ethnocentrism In Karachi By Creating Coastal Province And By Using Separate Electoral System”.
Forecast of Quaid-e-Azam about Pakistan with reference to Provincialism,
( 28 March,1948,Dhaka)
“If we begin to think of ourselves as Bengalis, Punjabis, Sindhis etc. first and Muslims and Pakistanis only incidentally, then Pakistan is bound to disintegrate.”
Above forecast of Quaid-e-Azam was truly proved when in 1971 Pakistan disintegrated, and now still Pakistani nation is still going on same path.
Promotion of Provincialism and Ethnocentrism by President of Pakistan is highly deplorable, and is against the Constitution of Pakistan, in which it is the basic Policy principle of Constitution of Pakistan which directs to make efforts against provincialism but our president is trying to promote provincialism and ethnocentrism.
Investors of Ethnocentrism.
ANP, PPP and MQM are main beneficiaries and investors of ethnocentrism, provincialism and sectarianism and therefore Mr. Zardari is trying to divide Pakistani nation on such lines, and making statements such
- As people of other provinces are eating the resources of Baluchistan while in fact those are Balouch Sardars who are mostly involved in making properties in other provinces, Jamali sons behaving like land mafia and are having properties in Sindh, Mengal and Marri are having properties in Karachi, Moreover Mr. Zardari is himself involved in making properties in U.K. (Surrey Palace) and every where in Pakistan (from Marri to Guwadour)
- Punjab is taking the share of water of Sindh while infact it the Sindh Government which is wasting the River Indus water in land and in Arabian Sea. Due to which many parts of Sindh are suffering from problem of water accumulation leading to stagnant water in lakes and creating swamp lands and rise in sea level.
- People of Sindh will be converted to minority due to migration of Pukhtoons to Karachi, while in fact if whole of NWFP population move to Sindh even then it is simply impossible to convert people of Sindh into minority as population of NWFP is 15 Million and that of Sindh about 40 million.
Sindh and Karachi.
Presently people of Karachi and Sindh are also suffering from this disease and thousands of people have died due to this disease in only Karachi.
This disease makes people mad, blind and deaf ,This is the reason that although people of Karachi and Sindh are most educated in Pakistan and know very well that their leaders are terrorist, killers and corrupted but even then they supports to terrorist, killers and corrupted leaders, and there is no value of life in city of Karachi and Sindh.
As province of Sindh has totally failed in protecting life and property of people of different ethnic groups, So many people have died and murdered due to this disease of ethnocentrism but government of Sindh has taken no concrete measures to counter such murders and crimes, In the era of General Zia-ul-Haq when there used to be any information about any initiation of problem of law and order, Administration used to implement Curfew in the localities for prevention of further loss of life, but at present Provincial Sindh government (due to lust of power ) has totally failed in this regard.
Due to no commitment with any moral and ethical Ideology and due to disease of provincialism and ethnocentrism, criminals are committing their crimes freely and police Department is totally inefficient in protecting the life and property of people which is obvious from following examples.
1) Merciless killing and massacre in Karachi on 12 May 2008, in which police and provincial government were found helping the criminals, and officially no investigation was made by provincial government against such delirious crimes.
2) Loot and arson on 27 December 2008, on the day of death of Benazir Bhutto, free hand was given to criminals for each and every type of crime by provincial governments and police and Railway and transport of people of other provinces was main target of these criminals, and later on all cases against these criminals were removed by Chief Minister of Sindh as he is also Chief Justice of High Court.
3) 0n 27 December once again police of province failed event to protect the property of people and free hand was given to criminals in committing their crimes.
4) Target killing of citizens and youth belonging from different groups such as Pukhtoons, Punjabis, Sindhies, Balouch and Urdu speaking people, have become a common pratice, while provincial government has taken no step to counter these crimes, it looks as there is no value of life in front of Sindh government like that of Lalit Moodi government of state of Gujrat in India.
As mention above there is need to counter these crimes by changing the structure of the province and the difference in ethnicities could be used for stabilization of that region, the details of which are as follows.
Need of a new Province of Karachi.
- In scenario of uncontrollable region, it is required to create a new province with the name of “Karachi” including all coastal areas of Pakistan, from Thatta to Gwadar, by this the all coastal areas will come under the control of a new geographical entity and it will be easy for that province to administer and manage that same geography in better way with the help of Pakistan Navy.
- People of Karachi have all abilities and qualities to manage and administer to this new province, without any midwifery and interference from corrupted people like Nisar Khoro from Larkana and Mr. Zardari from Islamabad. In fact people of Karachi are much more noble and efficient, and moderate than these faggots.
- In view of creation of new provinces in Punjab, it is necessary to counter balance the political consequences of those new provinces to create a new province composed of all coastal areas of Pakistan.
- Continuous blood shed ,law and order break down, merciless murders of people has made it essential to take serious measures with reference to Karachi, instead of taking cosmetics and superficial measures to control the situation.
- The greatest problem with the main representative of Karachi, the MQM, is ambiguity and non clear policies, which is the main root cause of all troubles in Karachi.
- MQM is totally mistaken with reference to scenario of East Pakistan stranded Pakistanis, the main reason for their present condition was their fatal mistake of dispersing themselves in huge population of Bengalese and not accumulating their population in a single well designate area like Karachi. While at that time Chittagong Port was the best place for them to accumulate and demand some type of authority for themselves on the basis of their population, culture, and region.
- Whether any one accept or not the separate administrative unit of Karachi in the form of Province, a state, an agency or an autonomous region must be made to make some one responsible and accountable for the peace and security and saving the lives of people, whereas under the umbrella of interior Sindh rural Politicians and Islamabad Government officials Karachi will always remain a nuisance and common people will continue to die due to mismanagement and odd administration.
- By this all ports and coastal areas will come in the same province under one administration with its Head Quarter in Karachi.
- That New administration will improve chain of command and management of ports, coastal areas, fishery department in coastal regions.
- At present inclusion of coastal areas in Government of Sindh and Baluchistan government is very odd and unnatural, as usually Sindh Government officers have agricultural background and Capital of Baluchistan government is very remote and far away from coastal areas, therefore administration of coastal areas of Pakistan by a single administration in Karachi will be the best option.
- New Provincial Government will be more accountable with reference to law and order to federal government as compared to present ambiguous and complex structures of Provinces.
Name of New Province.
Name of New province should be as Karachi, Makran, Coastal Areas of Pakistan, or Muhajiran, Sahil-e-Muhajir as these coastal areas are mainly inhabitated by migrants from Africa, India, Interior Sindh, Interior Pakistan and is main location of migratory birds of Siberia.
By inclusion of all coastal areas in one province will make separation and cessation movements weaker in the country.
Victimization of Ethnic Minorities in Karachi and Sindh.
VICTIMIZATION BY MQM:
At present ethnic minorities in Karachi on city level are being victimized by MQM, because this party grab all provincial and national assembly seats in Karachi and do not allow other ethnic minorities to reach in the assemblies, and also grab all jobs in city institutions and do not provide proper share to other minorities and by taking the advantage of political situation of this large province all the rights of 52 % ethnic minorities are being hidden and concealed by this ethnic group which represent just 48% population of city.
Even in industries MQM do not force their owners to implement labor laws because MQM take bribes from these Industries. There fore these industries even do not issue appointment letters, gratuity, Provident fund, Medical and pension to their employees, although it should be MQM first priority and responsibility to implement labor laws, for electing themselves for assemblies.
People of Karachi are totally unable to purchase land for themselves while MQM workers have occupied the land of Musharaf Colonies built for evacuatees of Layari Express Way and Landhi and Orangi Cottage Schemes with the name of Altaf Nagar with the help of City Government, which provided this land to MQM WORKERS WITHOUT ANY BALLOTING AND PRICE and freely constructed them and handed over them with papers of lease.
VICTIMIZATION AND ABUSE OF KARACHI BY INTERIOR SINDH:
INTERIOR SINDH is continuously victimizing and abusing people of city of Karachi, beginning from the start of inclusion of Karachi in Sindh Province after dissolution of one unit.
Before inclusion in Sindh Karachi was the model of progress in the world and was used by South Korea as a model for development of world trade centre in Korea, but after inclusion in Sindh, the lives of people of Karachi have become miserable and intoleratable. To victimize people of Karachi a quota system was started in Karachi so that jobs of Karachi could be grabbed both on national and provincial level although about 100% population of Karachi depends on jobs and services and there is no other source of income for them while people of interior Sindh are owners of all agricultural land of Sindh but still they grabbed all jobs in Sindh secretariat and there is no representation of local people of Karachi in that secretariat although that is situated in Karachi.
All jobs in Karachi Police, Pakistan steel mill, Pakistan railway, PIA, KESC and other government institutions are being grabbed by peoples who belong from Interior Sindh. Due to no emotional link with Karachi these incompetent rural people from interior Sindh do no work in these Government Institutions there fore all these institutions are dying and infrastructure of Karachi have totally shattered and law and order situation have totally destroyed.
Due to these factors people of Karachi are unable to find jobs in Karachi; therefore they are migrating to other countries and otherwise converting to criminals.
Separate Electoral System in New Province.
Political Structure should be based on multiculturism and tolerance as these areas are inhabitated by many large and small ethnic groups there will be need to have separate electoral system in that province for Urdu speakers,Sindhi speakers, Pushtoo speakers, Punjabi speakers and Makrani speakers and there should be seats in provincial assembly as per their population. By separate electoral system ethnic conflicts will be minimized and wastage of votes of ethnic minorities will come to an end.
- At present small ethnic minorities are unable to represent themselves in assemblies as majority ethnic group such as MQM, does not allow them to reach in assemblies by using each and every means, due to which smaller ethnic groups are suffering from distress in city of Karachi.
Facilitating Migration of Quality peoples.
More over as at present ethnic groups are trying to increase their population in the city of Karachi, such as Sindh government forcing people of interior to migrate towards Karachi, MQM is trying to increase its vote bank by bringing Indian and Bangladeshi migrants in Karachi, in the same manner Pushtoon and Balouch speakers want to increase their population, In view of all this there is need to make some quality standards for people’s migration into this new province as Canada, Australia and USA has developed such standards for migration, so that new province could become a Model, developed and advanced province of Pakistan.
From above observations, suggestions and predictions, its quite clear that present ethnic conflicts and loss of life in Karachi could be minimized by Creation of a new province on coastal areas of Pakistan and by using separate electoral system for different ethnic and religious minorities in that province.
By this we will be able to counter those who are trying to divide Pakistan on the basis of ethnocentrism, provincialism and sectarianism.