Wet/sour gas environments commonly use our SA 516 GR 60 HIC, two of the more well-liked SA 516 GR 60 HIC tested grades. For optimal resistance to sulfide stress corrosion, SA 516 GR 60 HIC, and notch toughness sensitivity, these SA 516 HIC tested steels are vacuum degassed with exceptionally low sulfur, phosphorus, and residual elements. Refineries, chemical plants, and power plants are the main pressure vessel industries that use these plates.
- Vacuum degassed with low sulfur and residual elements
- Produced to SA 516 60 HIC, SA 516 65 HIC, SA 516 70 HIC
- Testing performed on per heat/thickness basis per NACE Standard TM0284 w/ test solution A
- Acceptance criteria are 15% max: Crack Length Ratio (CLR), Crack Thickness Ratio (CTR), Crack Sensitivity Ratio (CSR)
- Stock thickness’ up to 6″
- Supplemental testing performed as per your requirement
After the SA 516 GR, 60 HIC plate is manufactured, a sample is tested using one of two test solutions to determine whether it complies with the requirements of SA 516 GR 60 HIC, the NACE standard for the evaluation of pipeline and pressure vessel steels for resistance to hydrogen-induced cracking. These are, to put it simply, acidic liquids that simulate the corrosive effects of the circumstances that cause SA 516 GR 60 HIC Cracking. After a few days in the solution, the steel is removed and studied under a microscope to identify any cracks that have formed.
SA 516 GR 60 HIC Technical conditions:
1) Ultrasonic tested as per SA 578 or any other as per requirement
2) MTC acc to EN 10204 / 3.2
3) Charpy Impact tested at -20°C / -29°C / – 46°C.
4) Heat Treatment: Rolled / Normalised / N+T QT 5) BQ Plates with IBR form IV
6) Production: Hot Rolled
Extra low sulfur, phosphorus, and other residual elements are the only elements allowed in this substance. In accordance with NACE Standard SA 516 GR, 60 HIC tests are conducted for each heat and thickness. In line with the caliber of the steel product, the CLR (Crack Length Ratio), CTR (Crack Thickness Ratio), and CSR (Crack Sensitivity Ratio) produce good results.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!