There is a big difference in responsible painters and unscrupulous money-crazed contractors who pose as painters. Naturally, no one will like a sloppy job, and that too, in interior painting services! Such interior work must be left in the hands of specialized professional people, or not be done at all. Here we give you a watch list where you can see if the workers have done a good job or whether to ask for a refund!
- Cheap Materials: Regarding cans, the company people buy half premium cans and half cheap cans. Then they mix these two and charge the client at 100% premium can rates. Also, when showing, the people show the premium paint cans only.
- Adulteration: The paint is liable to be mixed with water of around 25 to 30% at an undisclosed location and then brought to your house. It is important to note that deep dark paint only requires as much water as to reduce its stickiness. Interior painting services must be regulated for adulteration.
- Number of Coats: Cunning people never specify the number of coats to be applied. Thus, these guys apply the minimum coats and get away with it. If the coat thickness is less than a certain degree then tiny bubbles are liable to pop up and ruin your entire coat of paint.
- Paint Coverage: Many times the interior painting services contractor, while giving his estimate, will give a very gross one that will specify that such wall will need only 3 coats. However, by the time he is finished with the third, he will realize (on the fly) that a fourth one is needed. This can cause the green stuff in your wallet to diminish!
- Basic Prices: The basic prices of paint keep on changing as the finishing differs. They are flat, matte flat, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, and gloss. Now, what usually happens is you sign a contract and pay a deposit then select the colors. Now, when the interior painting services contractor goes to the department store, he will look for the cheapest variety in the color and type specified. In such cases, the end result will always never produce the intended result. Instead, the proper way is to select the colors and type of paint BEFORE you pay the money or sign the contract. This way, the contractor is bound to enquire seriously and realistically.
- Ceiling and Wall Cracks: This area is completely under interior painting services north port FL discretion. This is because they are usually more adept at discovering and recognizing many potential defects and problems in the walls and/or ceilings. What they do is they will not say anything but give a regular quotation. After the work is nearing completion they will suddenly point out all the discrepancies and charge extra.
Therefore, don’t say in the future that you were not warned! We at D.A.C. PAINTING TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS!